When considering the Health Care account, estimate costs for co-payments of prescription drugs and doctors visits for yourself and your family members. You don’t have to participate in Henrico County health care or dental coverage to participate in a FSA and your family members do not have to be covered by Henrico County’s plans for you to be reimbursed for their eligible expenses.
When considering the Dependent Care account, review costs for child care services for dependent children under the age of 13. This account may also be used if you have expenses for adult care services. Eligible child or adult care expenses are those that you incur when you are working and that enable you (and your spouse) to work.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) allow you to contribute pre-tax dollars that you expect to spend on qualified expenses into the account and therefore lower your taxable income. There are two types of FSAs offered:
- Health Care—for out-of-pocket health care expenses
- Dependent Care (Day Care)—for costs of adult or child care that enable you (and your spouse) to work
Henrico County Flexible Spending Accounts are administered by Navia Benefit Solutions.
Company Code (employees will need this to log in to their Navia account):
- HGG (General Government)
- HPS (Schools)
2017 Annual Contribution Limits:
- $2,550 for Health Care FSA
- $5,000 for Dependent Care (Day Care) FSA
- FSA Direct Deposit & Debit Card Request Form
- FSA Claim Form – Deadline to submit 2016 claims is March 31, 2017.
- Daycare FSA Receipt for Service – Use this form if your daycare provider does not offer formal receipts.
- Navia Benefits Solutions Contact Information
- 1-800-669-3539 (9 a.m. – 9 p.m., Monday – Friday)
- FSA Debit Card Overview
- $500 Carryover Flyer
- How to Submit a Recurring FSA Day Care Claim
MyNavia App – smartphone app to manage and use benefits