Full-time, permanent part-time employees, and retirees of Henrico County must complete the Assumption of Risk Waiver and attend a weight room orientation before utilizing the workout facilities or attending any HealthTrip fitness program.
The weight room orientation includes a video presentation on fitness membership policies and procedures, proper use of equipment and equipment safety.
Weight room orientations are scheduled for Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m. at the Henrico Training Center, 7701 East Parham Road, in the front lobby. Call the Fitness & Wellness Division Office at 501-7559 to confirm your attendance.
The County offers an active schedule of fitness training (FitPlus), yoga, Pilates, indoor cycling, step aerobics, sports conditioning and walking/running group training. View the calendar below for fitness program dates, times and descriptions.
Spring Into Action! – a group exercise participation challenge:
April 2 through May 25, 2018
Spring is here (finally), and Summer is just around the corner. This means warmer temperatures and vacations, for many of us, are rapidly approaching. Staring April 2, we challenge you to Spring into Action and join us for a group exercise class challenge. All fitness levels are encouraged to participate!
Group Exercise Classes offer a variety of benefits, including:
- A consistent weekly exercise schedule
- A safe and effectively designed workout
- An accountability factor for those participating in the group exercise class
- A workout that requires no prior exercise knowledge or experience
- Exposure to a social and fun environment
Register for this group exercise challenge through the Fitness & Wellness Office, 501-7559, or with a staff fitness trainer.
- Print out the current Fitness Program/Group Exercise Schedule
- Get the group exercise class punch card from the Fitness & Wellness Office
- Start attending the group exercise class(es) of your choice. The Fitness & Wellness Division offers 18 group exercise classes per week.
- Beginners (employees new to HealthTrip and current members who are not participating in any group exercise classes) – your goal is to participate in at least 2 group exercise classes each week throughout the duration of this challenge.
- Regulars (HealthTrip members who are currently attending group exercise classes on a weekly basis) – your goal is to participate in 3 or more group exercise classes each week throughout the duration of this challenge.
- On June 1st, return your completed punch card to the Fitness & Wellness Office to earn and entry into the drawing for fun fitness prizes.
Questions? Please contact, Liz Stovall.
National Employee Health and Fitness Day
We invite all employees to come join the festivities of our Fitness and Fun event.
The event will be split into 2 days: Wednesday, May 16th and Friday, May 18th.
NOTE: RAIN DATE WILL BE FRIDAY, JUNE 1
- Wednesday will begin at 11:30 a.m. and the fitness events are geared towards those who want to be more competitive and showcase what they are capable of. Each of the fitness events will be to scale for your fitness level but make sure to bring your A-game!
- Friday will begin at 12:30 p.m. and this is going to be your time to have fun! Think of this day as an adult field day with some unique and challenging events.
You can choose to participate in one or both days. That is up to you. We hope to see you there.
Register by emailing Joey Pacelli.
Questions? Please contact Joey Pacelli.
The Henrico County Training Center offers the following facilities:
- A Weight room with cardiovascular and strength training equipment including free weights.
- Basketball gymnasium for group fitness classes
- Showers and locker rooms
- Outdoor running/walking trails
Staff Fitness Trainers are dedicated to providing a comprehensive exercise program to motivate employees of all ages and all athletic abilities. Because we view each employee as unique, we create an innovative, personal program for every person we train.
Fill out a fitness training registration form and return it to the Fitness & Wellness Division. You will be contacted to schedule your 30-minute goal setting session with your chosen Fitness Trainer.