2018 New Year Fitness Challenge
Between January 8th and March 2nd take part in our “Increasing your physical activity” fitness challenge. It is as simple as tracking how many days you hit your step goal, which is based on your current fitness level! Hit your goal enough times throughout the challenge and you will be entered into a raffle for a gift basket of fitness and wellness swag.
Have questions? Contact Joseph Pacelli (804)501-5408
2018 Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10K on Saturday, April 14
The county is offering a reduced registration fee for employees who are interested in representing the county in the annual Richmond tradition. All levels of running, jogging and walking ability are welcome to participate. Registration is on a first come, first served basis and will remain open until all available spaces are taken.
To take advantage of the reduced registration fee you must be a permanent county employee. Temporary, seasonal, substitute or contracted employees are not eligible.
- Check your 2018 calendar. Be certain you are available to participate on Saturday, April, 14.
- Only register yourself for the Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10K. (Register non-Henrico County employees in a separate transaction)
- When prompted to “Choose Your Event” you have 2 options. Option 1 is for Non-Seeded Runners & Walkers who expect to finish the race in more than 63 minutes. Option 2 is for Seeded Runners who will need to provide proof of previous run time to qualify.
- If you wish to participate in the YMCA 10K Training Team follow step 3 above – register as either a non-seeded or seeded runner. Do not select the YMCA 10K Training Team option. If you select this option you will not benefit from the reduced registration fee. After completing the registration process contact Sports Backers directly. Let Sports Backers know you have registered for the Monument Avenue 10K with Team Henrico. Sports Backers will manually add to you the YMCA 10K Training Team. You are then responsible for submitting additional payment to Sports Backers.
- On the registration payment page, enter HCGov50off in the coupon code field and click apply. (The coupon code needs to be entered exactly as it appears for it to work.)
- You will be asked to supply either debit card or credit card information for payment purposes in order to complete the registration process.
To begin your registration, visit the Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10K registration site.
- General Government coupon code: HCGov50off
- HCPS coupon code: HCPS50off
If you have questions, or need additional information, please contact Liz Stovall, Fitness and Wellness Division Manager.