- Classroom Learning Opportunities
- Register for classes through HRMS
Fall is apple season. Apples have a long list of health benefits, but here are a few that may interest you:
- The soluble fiber in apples prevents blood sugar spikes, reduces your risk of diabetes, keeps you feeling full for longer periods of time, supports regular bowels, and lowers cholesterol levels.
- The antioxidants and chemical compounds in apples can also reduce your risk of certain types of cancer, encourage a stronger immune system, prevent cataracts, and fight diseases.
- It is important to know, however, that more than half of the vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber in an apples are in the peel. Next time you reach for that apples, you should leave the peel on and enjoy the crunch.
With all of these health benefits, an apple a day keeps many different types of doctors away!
The County offers a variety of training classes to help you enhance your overall well-being. Class topics include:
- Stress & Resilience: Survive Today and Thrive Tomorrow
- Stress Relief and Problem Solving Through Art
- Happiness: Proactive Steps to Improving Your Well-Being
- Defeating Negativity Ninjas: Protect Your Positive Point of View
- Mental Health First Aid
- Competing Demands and Time Management
RVA Well @ Work 2017 Wellness Series
Date: Thursday, September 28, 2017
Location: Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center
204 W. Leigh Street, Richmond, VA
Join Dr. Joynita Nicholson and Dr. Daphne Bryan as they discuss the definition of obesity and how it is assessed in patients, the impact of excess weight on overall health, the most up-to-date information on medical and surgical approaches to address weight management, and increase awareness of the history of obesity as a disease.
Event is FREE but registration is required, so click here to register.
Questions: Contact Liz Stovall, Division Manager of Fitness and Wellness at (804)501-7556