Work-Related Medical Services
The Employee Health Services (EHS) clinic is dedicated to providing competent and efficient work-related services for Henrico County employees. Some of these include:
- Pre-employment physical examinations for certain positions (Fire, Police, Sheriff).
- Routine physical examinations for certain positions (Fire, Police).
- Periodic surveillance examinations such as:
- OSHA Hearing Conservation Program
- OSHA Respiratory Protection Program
- Drug and Alcohol Testing Program
- Rabies Protection Program
- Body Fluid Exposure Program
- Work-related injury and illness (Workers’ Compensation): If you seek medical care related to an injury on-the-job and want to be considered for payment through Workers’ Compensation, you, or your supervisor, must first contact Company Nurse at 1-888-770-0925 to report the incident. When asked, you will give:
- ‘Henrico County’ as employer name.
- ‘Search Code V044’ for general government employees.
- ‘Search Code V044B’ for school employees.
After report of the incident, and if requiring medical evaluation, the employee should choose to be seen by one of the medical providers listed on the Worker’s Compensation Panel of Physicians (found on the Workers’ Compensation page) and inform Company Nurse of their choice. Company Nurse will then fax their report to the provider who will be seeing the employee. It is helpful if the employee or their supervisor calls to let the provider’s office know they will be coming to be seen for a work-related injury or illness in order to reduce wait times and simplify the process. Please have the name and telephone number of your supervisor available for the provider at the location where you choose to be seen.
Other Medical Services
While the Employee Health Services clinic does not replace your primary care provider, we can treat your minor illnesses and injuries, including prescribing certain medications if needed. Examples of these conditions include:
- Sore/strep throat
- Allergy symptoms
- Eye problems (scratch, pink eye, etc.)
- Ear problems (infection, wax build-up)
- Urinary tract/bladder infection
- Skin rashes
- Minor cuts/abrasions
- Suture removal
We want to help people stay healthy and in control of existing medical problems. We offer the following preventative services to employees:
- Blood pressure checks
- Blood sugar checks
- Allergy injections
- Vitamin B12 injections
- Brochures and other printed information about various health conditions
- Individualized health counseling and/or information
- Referrals to the Fitness & Wellness Division