Start your day with this green smoothie packed with a variety of fruits, like pineapple and banana, in each serving and a nutrient-rich combination of fiber, vitamins and minerals in each sip. The healthy boost comes from the 2 ½ cups of fruits and vegetables in this smoothie recipe meeting the American Heart Associations’ daily intake recommendations to prevent Cancer and disease.
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ medium banana, frozen
- ½ cup pineapple, frozen
- 4 ounces orange juice (can substitute coconut water to lessen sugar grams and calories)
- 4 ounces water
- 1 cup ice
- Add all ingredients into the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Spinach is packed with nutrients and antioxidants and it is low in calories. The leaves have a very mild flavor making is an easy option for green smoothies. You can barely taste the spinach when its combined with frozen bananas and pineapple.
- Nutrient dense food packed with magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron, vitamins A, C and K.
- Great source of antioxidants Lutein and Zeaxanthin to promote eye health by protecting the eyes from UV light.