An intranet is a private website focused at an organization’s staff, versus the public. At Henrico, this has commonly been served by http://virtual.henrico. “Virtual” has been in place for a very long time.
Based on survey results, usage analytics and research into modern Intranets, Information Technology is nearing the completion of the new intranet and is ready to have you try it out!
Note: The new intranet is still under active development – we are still adding content, features, and images. While we look forward to your feedback, please only review the site and provide feedback, and use Virtual for an actual source of information.
Some of the new features you can look forward to with the new intranet:
- Access from anywhere as it lives in Office 365 (including home and mobile use)
- New areas focusing on services, forms, and policies related to County employees
- Quick access to your email, calendar, and SharePoint sites
- Increased engagement through news, calendars, and other features
- Easily search across the Intranet, SharePoint, and Office 365 in one place
- Direct access to request your own SharePoint site for your Team, Division, or Department
- Modern technology platform that makes it easier for future growth
The new site is planned to go live in mid-November. You can visit the new site by going to https://henricova.sharepoint.com.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) we have already gotten related to the new site:
Q. The site asks me to login, why?
A. We are leveraging SharePoint as a part of Office 365 for a significantly more modern intranet. This is tied to the same login account you use for your email to log into your computer. This does mean due to Microsoft licensing, Schools and Libraries employees must request direct access.
Q. What will happen to Virtual?
A. Starting at the launch, http://virtual.henrico will link to the new site. A legacy URL will be provided. We plan on decommissioning the legacy intranet site in early 2020.
Q. Something is missing that is very important to me, what do I do?
A. You can submit all feedback using this form or by clicking ‘Feedback’ available at the top of the new site.