Open Enrollment for 2020 Benefits
Open Enrollment will be Saturday, October 5 through Friday, November 1, 2019. This is your chance to enroll or drop benefit coverage, change plans, or add/drop dependents. Changes made during Open Enrollment will be effective on January 1, 2020. Outside of Open Enrollment, changes can only be made within 60 days of a qualifying event.
Review plan comparisons, rates, benefit details and enrollment instructions on the HR Employee Portal at the start of Open Enrollment October 5th. Consider attending an Open Enrollment Information Session (dates below) to learn more about our plans and speak with benefits staff and some of our vendors.
- October 10 & 17: Eastern Government Center (3820 Nine Mile Rd.) Multipurpose Room from 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- October 21 & 29: Henrico Training Center (7701 East Parham Rd.) from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Pierce Insurance, who manages our voluntary benefit offerings, will have benefits counselors onsite during open enrollment to help you enroll in voluntary benefits. And, if you did not meet with a counselor during the initial enrollment period, please do so during open enrollment. A donation of $10 will be made to Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU for each person who meets with a voluntary benefits counselor to learn more about the Lifetime Benefit Term with Long Term Care plan. Let’s beat our previous donation of $13,300!
What do you need to know?
- Anthem will continue to administer our health care benefits. Anthem will be moving to a new claims platform and plan participants will receive new medical insurance cards for 2020. Please make sure you use the new card for services starting January 1, 2020.
- There are no changes to the High Deductible Healthcare Plan (HDHP) with a Health Savings Account (HSA) plan. The rates have been the same since the plan was introduced in 2015! Attend a session to explore why this may be the right plan for you.
- Delta Dental will continue to offer the same plan options for 2020 with a slight change in rates.
- MetLife will continue to provide disability coverage with a slight change in rates.
- Navia will also continue to provide Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs). This year there will be a $50.00 increase to the Health Care FSA, the new limit will be $2,700. The Dependent (Day) Care FSA limit will remain at $5,000.
What do you have to do as an employee?
- Re-enroll for Flexible Spending Accounts if you wish to participate in 2020.
- Review your current plan and dependents to see if changes need to be made.
- Note: Health care, dental and short-term income protection enrollments will rollover for 2020, unless you change them during Open Enrollment.
Now that you have the overview, attend one of the scheduled Open Enrollment sessions to learn more or contact HR Benefits at 501.7371 or HR-Benefits@henrico.us .