Leadership Henrico (LH), a brand-new leadership development program for Henrico County supervisors, launched last September and supervisors representing all levels of management and from a wide variety of departments jumped in to be part of it.
Throughout the year participants met with mentors, mentored others, attended leadership workshops, collaborated with one another, met to discuss their leadership challenges, and volunteered in the community.
This past May they celebrated completing Year 1 of the 4-year program. With honesty, humor, courage, and heart, they shared their successes, stories, and lessons learned. Here are just a few of their comments:
- “I feel I’m learning so much. I love how we get together with other leaders. This is such a difference from other classes or leadership programs taken before.”
- “I loved hearing different perspectives and how much we all connected: having long-lasting relationships with different people for life.”
- “I am SO excited. I’ve had such a great experience and am looking forward to continuing next year.”
- “My mentor (a department head) was there for me, made time for me, even though she is very busy. We committed to keeping up our conversations in the future.”
Registration is now open for YOU to join the next class of LH!
The program is open to all supervisors of permanent full- or part-time employees, at all levels of the organization, including anyone who went through LDP. Check out LH Overview: What’s in It for YOU? for a brief overview of all 4 Years.
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! Registration occurs only once a year to ensure that a cohort of leaders can go through the program together. Attending the Kickoff is mandatory for joining LH.
- Leadership Henrico Year 1 Kickoff
- September 14, 2022, 8:30-4:00, Henrico Training Center
- To register, log in to HRMS, go to Employee Direct Access > Learning, Learner Home > Browse Catalog > Human Resources > Specialized Training > Leadership Henrico Year 1 Kickoff
- Registration Deadline: August 10, 2022
If you have any questions, please contact Shari Bennett Speer (ben14/x7203), Kim Schenk (sch09/x7209), Nancy Outlaw (out/x7208), Rebecca Slough (slo/x7205), or Brett Hooks (Hoo011/x7210) in OLTD (Organizational Learning and Talent Development).