As we emerge from the COVID crisis this summer, most of us are enjoying the beginnings of getting back to “normal.” Our social routines and work, turned upside down by COVID, may be beginning to normalize. Plus, as our kids return to the classroom this fall, we may be craving our own opportunities for learning and growth. Look no further than Organizational Learning and Talent Development (OLTD) for help!
OLTD is excited to be once again offering in-person learning in fiscal year (FY) 21/22, and in a variety of formats. We also have two leadership programs, including the brand-new Leadership Henrico (LH) program for supervisors, and the Emerging Leaders Certification Program (ELCP), specifically for non-supervisors.
Discover more about our leadership programs and learning opportunities here:
Registration is now open for our brand new Leadership Henrico (LH) program kicking off on September 29th! Designed for supervisors and replacing the Leadership Development Program (LDP), LH is a contemporary, agile new program open to all supervisors of permanent full- or part-time employees, at all levels of the organization, including anyone who participated in LDP.
There are four “Years,” or levels, in the program, and they include elements like:
- Networking: creating continuity of connection throughout the program
- Mentoringconversations that will change and adapt with your needs each Year
- Guidanceon how to support and grow your employees
- Collaborationwith other leaders from all backgrounds and positions
- Minimal paperwork: the focus is on experiences, conversation, learning, and giving back
Check out LH Overview: What’s In It for YOU? for more information.
To register, log in to HRMS, go to Employee Direct Access > Learning, Learner Home > Browse Catalog > Human Resources > Specialized Training > Leadership Henrico Kickoff
Registration Deadline: August 27, 2021.
Emerging Leaders Certification Program (ELCP):
Designed specifically for non-supervisors, the Emerging Leaders Certification Program (ELCP) provides the framework, tools, and experiences to strengthen leadership skills, self-awareness, and initiative and support leadership in any role.
The four levels of the program focus on different leadership themes and feature:
- Instructor-led leadership learning opportunities and experiences
- Projects targeting different leadership themes
- Discussion groups focusing on leadership topics
- Individual and collaborative group reflections on learning and accomplishments
Please see our ELCP Program Overview for details. Application deadline: November 30, 2021
OLTD’s 2021-2022 Training Catalog is full of workshops that will be held in-person and also “live online,” so you can take advantage of either learning remotely or conversation and connection in a physical classroom setting.
Just a few of our new classes in FY 21/22 include:
- Rediscovering Your Mojo: Life Post-Pandemic
- Candid Conversations on Inclusion and Belonging
- Immunity to Change: Overcoming Hidden Barriers
- Communicating with Diplomacy and Professionalism
- Think Again: Keeping Your Mind Flexible for Effective Leadership
- Mindful Living: Building Resilience and Wellbeing
For a full listing of classes, check out our 2021-2022 Training Calendar and register in HRMS
When you need knowledge immediately, our just-in-time videos provide quick tips to help you gain the wisdom you need in real-time to succeed. You can access information on topics regarding Leadership/Professional Development, Management, Diversity and Inclusion, Wellness, and Working from Home—just to name a few—anywhere, anytime.
If you’re looking for additional resources beyond training classes and programs to add to your knowledge base, our Learning Hub is here to help! It’s your one-stop-shop for information on our leadership programs and learning opportunities. You’ll find resources for OLTD’s training workshops and leadership programs, along with helpful articles and videos to help you increase your expertise in a variety of areas.
OLTD is here for you to help you grow, develop, and succeed, whatever your role. Take advantage of the many opportunities we offer to gain knowledge, learn new skills, and grow and develop as a leader.
If you have questions about any of the above resources, contact OLTD at 501-7201 or firstname.lastname@example.org.