Open Enrollment is your annual opportunity to enroll or change your coverage and add or drop dependents for your health, dental, short-term income protection, and flexible spending accounts (FSA). Open Enrollment will be Sunday, October 1 through Friday, October 27, 2023. All changes must be submitted through Employee Direct Access by 4:30 p.m. on October 27, 2023.
We will be re-introducing Open Enrollment Information Sessions this year! Consider attending a session to learn more about our plans and speak with benefits staff and our various vendors. No sign-up is required, and the sessions will be “open house” style.
Tuesday, October 3, 2023
12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Henrico Training Center
7701 E. Parham Road
Thursday, October 19, 2023
12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Eastern Government Center
3820 Nine Mile Road
What do you need to know?
- Healthcare rates will not increase for full-time employees! Anthem will continue to administer our health care and prescription drug benefits. There will be new group numbers in 2024, so plan participants will receive new insurance cards for 2024. Please make sure you use the new card for services starting January 1, 2024.
- Due to IRS inflation guidelines, there will be an increase to the high-deductible health plan (HDHP)’s deductible. For employee-only coverage, the deductible will increase by $200, totaling $3,200. The deductible for any dependent-level coverage will increase by $400, totaling $6,400.
- Delta Dental will continue offering the same plan options for 2024 with a minimal rate increase.
- TASC will continue to provide our Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) benefit. This year, the minimum annual election for both healthcare and dependent (day) care FSAs will be $100. The new maximum to the healthcare FSA will be $3,050. The dependent (day) care FSA limit will remain at $5,000.
What do you have to do as an employee?
- Re-enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts if you wish to participate in 2024.
- Up to $570 will roll over into your 2024 healthcare flexible spending account.
- Review your current plan and dependents to see if changes need to be made.
Note: Healthcare, dental, and short-term income protection enrollments will roll over for 2024 unless you change them during Open Enrollment.
We encourage you to take advantage of Open Enrollment to choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Visit our dedicated Open Enrollment webpage at https://employees.henrico.us/info/oe for more information!
As a reminder, Open Enrollment for Voluntary Benefits will also be from October 1, 2023 – October 27, 2023. Enrollments and changes to your voluntary benefits are handled through Pierce Insurance Agency, Inc. on the web at pierceins.com/henrico or call 800-421-3142 ext. 170.