Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Division
DEI provides strategic guidance, leadership, and resources to support the county in providing inclusive, equitable, and meaningful access, opportunities, and experiences to employees so they can thrive and achieve their full potential. The DEI Division also supports the county’s efforts in successfully achieving our diversity, equity, and inclusion goals in the following ways:
- Facilitating courageous conversations and workshops on the topic of inclusion
- Connecting leaders to the right resources and vendors to support their diversity, equity, and inclusion needs.
- Assisting county leaders with developing and implementing a DEI strategy
- Providing guidance to employees and departments when needed, reviewing policies and practices to ensure they are inclusive and equitable.
Vision: Henrico strives to build an inclusive culture where all individuals can thrive and achieve their fullest potential. We seek a workforce that leverages inclusion and equity as a guiding force to deliver service to Henrico residents with heart and excellence.
Mission: To build a stronger, more vibrant Henrico.
Henrico’s Commitment to Equity and Inclusion: Henrico’s heart is at the core of what we do. We strive to create a culture of inclusion where all individuals have meaningful experiences, equitable access to resources, and opportunities to thrive and excel here. We value and respect the diverse backgrounds, lived experiences, and identities of all individuals. We believe that building a culture of inclusion requires intentional, purposeful action, and commitment from everyone to foster inclusion and belonging to help us meet the ever-changing needs of our community. We understand that inclusive actions and behaviors are more than just policies and words. Inclusion and equity are an integral part of who we are and how we lead at Henrico. As an employer of choice, we strive to embed inclusion and equity into the DNA of our organization to help us build a stronger, vibrant Henrico and meet our vision of becoming One Henrico.
County DEI Initiatives
- Hosted Employee Focus Groups and Listening Tours
- Launched County Core Capabilities
- Sponsored & Led County DEI Trainings
- Launched Voices of the Heart video series
- More coming soon!
Resources for Supporting a Diverse, Equitable and Inclusive County
- Resources for Supporting A Diverse, Equitable, and Inclusive Workplace
- OLTD YouTube Channel
- Learning Opportunities
- Henrico Libraries
- Multicultural Community Engagement
- Supplier Relations
- Human Resources Annual Report, 2021 – 2022