- This event has passed.
May 17, 2021 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
If so, sign-up for the next blood drive scheduled for Monday, May 17, 2021 from 0830-1300 at the Henrico Training Center.
There are plenty of open spots as of now, so sign up early! To schedule an appointment: Go online to www.redcrossblood.org – search “hcpublicsafety”
Use the RapidPass app which allows you to start the blood donation process from your home or office. Answer health questions before arriving at the blood drive location- this can shave 15-20 minutes off your donation time! RapidPass can also be found at www.redcrossblood.org/RapidPass— this must be completed on the day of the drive!
Consider a Power Red Donation!
• We encourage donors with the following types to give a Power Red donation: O negative, O positive, A or B negative.
• Power Red donors can give every 112 days, which is different than a regular blood donation every 56 days.
COVID-19 Vaccine and Blood Donor Eligibility Information
The Red Cross is following FDA blood donation eligibility guidance for those who receive a COVID-19 vaccination, and deferral times may vary depending on the type of vaccine an individual receives. If you’ve received a COVID-19 vaccine, you’ll need to provide the manufacturer name when you come to donate. Upon vaccination, you should receive a card or printout indicating what COVID-19 vaccine was received, and we encourage you to bring that card with you to your next donation. In most cases, there is no deferral time for individuals who received a COVID-19 vaccine as long as they are symptom free and feeling well at the time of donation. The following eligibility guidelines apply to each COVID-19 vaccine received, including boosters:
• There is no deferral time for eligible blood donors who are vaccinated with an inactivated or RNA based COVID-19 vaccine manufactured by AstraZeneca, Janssen/J&J, Moderna, Novavax, or Pfizer.
• Eligible blood donors who received a live attenuated COVID-19 vaccine or do not know what type of COVID-19 vaccine they received must wait two weeks before giving blood.
• If you have an appointment scheduled and need to change your donation date based on the above guidance, click here.
• If you have further eligibility questions, please call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).