- This event has passed.
Free Document Shredding & Electronics Recycling Event
October 9, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Henrico Police and the Henrico Solid Waste Division have partnered to bring you this FREE Crime Prevention Program to STOP IDENTITY THEFT.
FREE DOCUMENT SHREDDING
• 2 boxes (10x13x18) full
• OR 3 paper grocery bags full
• Personal documents only
• DO NOT USE PLASTIC BAGS to bring shredding materials; paper bags or boxes only
• NO recyclable paper items accepted
FREE ELECTRONICS RECYCLING
FEE TO RECYCLE THE FOLLOWING *These items contain leaded glass / mercury and require special handling:
• $23 fee for TVs less than 27″
• $30 fee for TVs larger than 27″
• Payment is accepted by cash or check only
ITEMS ACCEPTED AT NO CHARGE:
• Computer systems (hard drive, CPU, monitor)
• Computer accessories (cables, wires, keyboards, mice, speakers, etc.)
• FAX machines
• Microwave ovens
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED:
• Compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs)
• AC units
DO NOT place electronic items in the bags or boxes with your shredding items. This will jam machines. Electronic recycling is separate from document shredding.
All items for recycle and shredding should be placed in a location accessible by on-site staff. Residents will not get out of their vehicles.
SOCIAL DISTANCING AND FACIAL COVERINGS:
• Please remain in your vehicle at all times
• Facial coverings are recommended when communicating with a Henrico County representative
• All Henrico County representatives will wear facial coverings when within 6 feet