Be sure to communicate to your agency and to Employee Relations during your deployment:
- Any changes to the beginning or end date of your military orders.
- Any anticipated date you may wish to be re-instated with the County.
- Any requests for use of paid leave while deployed with the military, to include effective dates and type of leave being requested for payment.
Notify the County of your intention to be re-instated to County employment. If your Military Service was:
- Less than 30 days: The next regularly scheduled workday, allow at least 8 hours in between the completion of military orders and return to work.
- 31 to 180 days: You have 14 days to apply for re-instatement.
- 181 days or more: You have 90 days to apply for re-employment.
Paid Military Leave
- Paid Military Leave is a leave type for those actively involved in federally-funded military duty.
- The maximum amount of paid military leave available is 21 days, which equals to 168 hours (if working 80 hours per pay period) and 235.20 hours (if working 112 hours per pay period).
- Paid Military Leave Days are refreshed annually, at the beginning of each federal fiscal calendar (October 1 – September 30). Hours are not accrued and may not be carried over.
- Henrico County employees are eligible if they are members of the US Armed Forces: Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Reserves, National Guard, and Naval Militia.
- Request military leave using an online leave request in Employee Direct Access.
- Submit to your agency and to Employee Relations evidence of you being called to perform military activities (e.g., drills, annual training).
- Based on the length of time absent from the County, you may want to contact Donna Clarke (804-501-4272) or Betsy Balser (804-501-4355) regarding your County benefits.