NOTE: This information is for employees with VRS Plans 1 & 2 and permanent part-time employees. Employees with VRS Hybrid Plan may enroll in MetLife Short Term Disability as a new hire for one year and then will use Hybrid Disability.
This coverage replaces 60% of your income for up to 13 weeks, minus the benefit waiting period you select, if you should be unable to work due to illness or injury. Income protection can help you handle essential living expenses if you are unable to work.
- MetLife Short Term Disability Benefits – Plan Summary
- MetLife Short Term Disability – Certificate of Insurance (VRS Plan 1 and Plan 2 members and part-time permanent employees)
- MetLife Short Term Disability – Certificate of Insurance (VRS Hybrid Plan members for first year of employment prior to eligibility for Hybrid Disability)
- 2023 MetLife Short Term Disability Income Protection Rates
- MIB Pre Notice – disclosure notice
What is a “waiting period,” and when will my payable benefits start?
- The waiting period, also known as an elimination period, is the amount of time you must be continuously out of work before you can start receiving payable benefits.
Please view the MetLife Evidence of Insurability Process below if one of the following applies to you for 2023 Open Enrollment: