Information & Forms:
The Emerging Leaders Certification Program (ELCP) provides non-supervisory employees with the framework, tools, and learning experiences to strengthen their leadership skills, self-awareness, and initiative to deliver customer service The Henrico Way. While ELCP was not created for the purpose of promoting employees into a supervisory position, we believe participation in the program supports leadership growth in any role. ELCP participants invest in their own development; they support and collaborate with others; and they make an impact at every level of the organization.
Participants have said…
- “I came to appreciate how much I can learn from others, especially those that differ from me greatly in the way they interact with people and situations.”
- “Great program and a great experience. It really has helped me become a better leader and a better officer. I can certainly see a difference within myself since I’ve begun ELCP.”
- “ELCP has helped me be more aware of Henrico County as a whole. I have worked for Henrico County for over 19 years but this ELCP program has been the first program that has let me really see what the other agencies are doing.”
- “LOVE IT – I absolutely love these discussions and anything pertaining to the Emerging Leaders Certification Program. Gives me a chance to talk/collaborate with my peers across numerous county agencies.”
- Current full-time General Government non-supervisory employees who have been with Henrico County for more than six months are eligible to apply for admission to ELCP.
- Application dates/deadlines and processes are described in the table below.
Program Application Timeline
|Important Dates||Application Process|
|Application Deadline: November 30||Applications accepted (must be date stamped by close of business of the last business day of the month)|
|By December 31||Applications reviewed|
|First week of January||Notification letters will be sent out to applicants|
|Application Deadline: May 31||Applications accepted (must be date stamped by close of business of the last business day of the month)|
|By June 30||Applications reviewed|
|First week of July||Notification letters will be sent out to applicants|