Work-Related Medical Services
The Employee Health Services (EHS) clinic is dedicated to providing competent and efficient work-related services for Henrico County employees. Some of these include:
- Pre-employment physical examinations for certain positions (Fire, Police, Sheriff).
- Routine physical examinations for certain positions (Fire, Police).
- Periodic surveillance examinations such as:
- OSHA Hearing Conservation Program
- OSHA Respiratory Protection Program
- Drug and Alcohol Testing Program
- Rabies Protection Program
- Body Fluid Exposure Program
- Work-related injury and illness (Workers’ Compensation): If you seek medical care related to an injury on-the-job and want to be considered for payment through Workers’ Compensation, you, or your supervisor, must first contact Company Nurse at 1-888-770-0925 to report the incident. When asked, you will give:
- ‘Henrico County’ as employer name.
- ‘Search Code V044’ for general government employees.
- ‘Search Code V044B’ for school employees.
After report of the incident, and if requiring medical evaluation, the employee should choose to be seen by one of the medical providers listed on the Worker’s Compensation Panel of Physicians (found on the Workers’ Compensation page) and inform Company Nurse of their choice. Company Nurse will then fax their report to the provider who will be seeing the employee. It is helpful if the employee or their supervisor calls to let the provider’s office know they will be coming to be seen for a work-related injury or illness in order to reduce wait times and simplify the process. Please have the name and telephone number of your supervisor available for the provider at the location where you choose to be seen.