We are looking forward to having you become a part of Henrico’s workforce, a vibrant community of professionals dedicated to providing the best possible service to our citizens.
On this site, you’ll find tools and resources to help you excel in your new role.
Before Your First Day
All new employees are required by the Henrico County Ordinance to report to the Henrico County Public Safety Building before their first day of employment to complete an FBI background check. In your offer/welcome materials, you will find a release form which must be taken to the Public Safety Building. No appointment is necessary – you can walk in from 11:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m., Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Your First Day- Where to Report
New Employee Orientation will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m. When you arrive, please check the scrolling marquee in the Training Center lobby for the room assignment.
What to Bring
- New Employee Orientation Checklist
- E-Verify Poster
- I-9 Form
- Instructions for Employment Eligibility Verification
- Instructions for Employment Eligibility Verification (Spanish)
- Child Support Withholding Notification
- Federal Tax W-4 Form
- State Tax VA-4 Form
- Personal Information Update Form
- Direct Deposit Authorization
- DMV Authorization Form (if applicable)
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Supplemental Form (if applicable)
- Health Enrollment Form
- Dental Enrollment Form
- Flexible Spending Accounts Enrollment Form
- MetLife Short Term Disability Enrollment Form
- Optional Group Life Insurance Enrollment Form (full-time employees only)