Now is the time to evaluate your health care needs and wellness goals…
Are you looking to lower your out of pocket costs by improving your health and wellness in 2019? Open Enrollment is the perfect time to take stock in your health, your plan enrollment and your wellness goals to ensure you have the right level of coverage and the right services for you and your family. Health care is not one size fits all and circumstances change, so you need to evaluate each plan and explore the possibilities to decide what is best for you and your family.
Open Enrollment will take place Saturday, October 6 through Friday, November 2, 2018. This is your chance to enroll or drop benefit coverage, change plans, or add/drop dependents. Changes made during Open Enrollment will be effective on January 1, 2019. Outside of Open Enrollment, changes can only be made if you have a qualifying event.
Come to an Open Enrollment wellness session (dates below) to get a look at all the wellness benefits the County has to offer. Also, you can view plan comparisons, rates, benefit details and enrollment instructions on the HR Employee Portal at the start of Open Enrollment, October 6th. Please come by and learn more about all options available to you and speak to some of our vendors at the in-person sessions.
- October 12 & 31: Eastern Government Center (3820 Nine Mile Rd.) Multipurpose Room from 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- October 17 & 24: Henrico Training Center (7701 East Parham Rd.) from 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
What you need to know:
- ALL Anthem plan participants will receive new medical insurance cards for 2019 with new group numbers. Please make sure you use the new card for services starting January 1, 2019.
- No changes will be made to the Lumenos HSA plan. The rates have been the same since the plan was introduced in 2015! This may be a great option for you.
- Delta Dental will continue to offer the same plan options for 2019 with a slight change in rates.
- MetLife will continue to provide disability coverage with no changes to rates or benefits offered.
- Navia will also continue to provide Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs). This year there will be a $50.00 increase to the Health Care FSA limit. The new limit will be $2,650. The Dependent (Day) Care FSA limit will remain at $5,000.
What do you have to do as an employee?
- Re-enroll for Flexible Spending Accounts if you wish to participate in 2019.
- Note: This is a great pre-tax option so consider using this benefit.
- Look at your current plans and make sure they are right for you!
- Note: Health care, dental and short-term income protection enrollments will rollover for 2019, unless you change them during Open Enrollment.
- Check out Power Henrico for Open Enrollment events, benefits and other wellness information!
Now that you have the overview, plan to attend one of the scheduled Open Enrollment wellness sessions to learn more.